AANP State Excellence Award
August 11, 2015
Nominations are now open for the prestigious 2016 AANP State Award for Excellence. Please read the following information carefully. To be considered for the 2016 awards, nominations must be submitted electronically to AANP on the official 2016 State Award Nomination Form no later than October 9, 2015. Thank you in advance for taking the time to nominate deserving NPs and Advocates.
The NP State Award for Excellence is given annually to an individual NP in each state who has demonstrated excellence in NP clinical practice.
The Advocate State Award for Excellence is given annually to an individual in each state who has made a significant contribution toward increasing awareness and recognition of NPs. Examples of past recipients of this award have been physicians, legislators, educators, etc. NPs are also eligible for the advocate award for non-clinical practice initiatives related to leadership, precepting, policy, politics, research, education, or community affairs.
Only one award may be given per category in each state. One award focuses on the nurse practitioner and the other on a nurse practitioner advocate. Membership in AANP is not a requirement to nominate someone or to be nominated. Groups and organizations are not eligible to receive these awards.
Recipients Receive the Following from AANP:
- All recipients receive a one-time waiver of their registration fee for the 2016 National Conference
- Current AANP member recipients receive a one-year extension on their membership, beginning at their current renewal date
- Non-AANP members who are award recipients are given a one-year complimentary membership
- Recipients will be recognized during the 2016 AANP National Conference in June
- States should recognize their award recipients throughout the year with individual awards or honors given at the discretion of the state representative
- To begin the nomination process, you must log in to MyAANP.
If you do not already have a MyAANP account, register here.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Beverly McLemore at (512) 505-0233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President, Communications
American Association of Nurse Practitioners
PO Box 12846
Austin, TX 78711
P: (512) 276-5906
F: (512) 442-6469