About the preceptor Samantha is looking for:
I am looking for a PMHNP or a psychiatrist.
This clinical is to go from Nov. 28th - Feb. 12th. I live in Philadelphia, PA and I am licensed in PA & NJ. Here's the details from my school:
PRAC 6665 - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Care Across the Lifespan I •
Types of Patients: Patients receiving care for psychiatric and substance use disorders across the life span to include children, adolescents, adults, and older adults.
• Types of Services: Assessment and diagnosis of individuals with acute and chronic psychiatric and substance use disorders.
• Possible Preceptor Choices: PMHNP or Board Certified Psychiatrist.
• Possible Site Choices: Private practice, community psychiatric and/or counseling center, crisis centers, drug/alcohol rehabilitation centers, college counseling center, employee assistance program (EAP) sites, assisted living/Alzheimer’s facility, hospital or specialty care facility, jails/prison, or any other site where psychiatric assessment, diagnosing, and treatment takes place (to be determined on an individual basis).
• Nonacceptable Sites: Any form of community and/or home visits.
• Nonacceptable Preceptors: FNP, AGACNP, AGPCNP, PMHCNS, or any other NP other than a board-certified psychiatric/mental health nurse practitioner. No PAs. No psychotherapists, psychologists, or MSWs.
• Requirements: 160 hours; minimum 80 encounters. Must be in practicum setting minimum of 8 weeks. For this course, a minimum of 80 hours and a minimum 40 encounters for adult/older adults and a minimum of 80 hours and a minimum 40 encounters for children/adolescents to equal total 160 hours and 80 encounters/quarter.
I am able to do telehealth for this rotation!